Jonny is a motivated, passionate and extremely knowledgeable sports commentator, broadcaster and journalist.
Since graduating with a distinction in Sports Broadcast Journalism in 2008, he has undertaken interviews with sport personalities, conducted live reports from some of Britain’s biggest sporting events, presented TV sport from a foreign location on a number of occasions and possess the qualities needed to produce outstanding sports commentary on any event.
Jonny’s high profile roles include:
- Olympic Commentator on Sport Climbing & Surfing, Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, OBS
- TV Presenter and Climbing Commentator for International Federation of Sport Climbing broadcasting from 17 countries around the world
- Television Commentator Bouldering & Beach Tennis, ANOC World Beach Games 2019
- Television Sport Climbing Commentator on Eurosport’s IFSC World Championship Coverage
- Television Darts Commentator on Eurosport’s BDO Coverage
- Television Bowls Commentator and Presenter on Eurosport’s Premier Threes and Home Internationals Coverage
- Lead Rugby Union Commentator on the BUCS Super Rugby, Student Rugby Internationals and Natwest Schools Rugby
- Live MC and Presenter for British Weighlifting
- Radio Reporter at the World Snooker Championship, UK Championship, Welsh Open and The Masters
- Sports Newsreader for the BBC World Service
Jonny also help found AmeriCamp, a company which helps young people get jobs at summer camps in the USA.
He has worked as a live MC for events in the North Wales area and helps raise money for his local sports club in his home town.
Jonny is also a keen golfer, a member of the Vale of Llangollen Golf Club and secretary of Llay Golf Society for 15 years playing off a handicap of 11. Jonny also took up surfing in 2016 and is a regular visitor to Surf Snowdonia.